- Accurate tire changes present many drivers with exceptionally high barricades.
- what is the best impact wrench for auto repair
- Tires can be changed for a variety of reasons.
- A change is usually made before Easter and October.
- However, a change is also needed after the tire is flat or the tire is worn out.
- Here you can get tips on how to change a tire successfully, quickly and safely, and what to look for when choosing the right tire.
Change tires: these tools will help you!.
- It comes up twice a year: tire changes. From summer to winter and back.
- We have provided you valuable tips for changing winter tires. Now is the time to change.
- You can save a lot of money by making your own. We tell you which tool makes your job a lot easier.
Working gloves are not necessary for changing tires, but they still help you protect your hands from dirt. Brake dust is especially difficult to remove from your hands or under your nails. In addition, wheel nuts with rubber gloves can be easily screwed on by hand.
- Jack Goodyear, A good jack belongs to every workshop! All kinds of work can be done with it – including changing tires! It makes sense to use a jack that can lift at least two tons.
- You should also pay attention to the minimum lifting height, especially if your vehicle is lowered.
- Phillips wrench If you’ve ever had a flat tire while driving, you’ll be grateful if you always had a wheel hole in the car.
- When changing a tire in a home workshop, it is also ideal for quickly and easily relaxing rusted wheel particles.
- The wheel hubs also handle tightening, but only partially.
- To avoid damage to wheel nuts, bolts, and rims, you should tighten them with specified torque (usually 110Nm-120Nm). The torque wrench will help you with this.
- You can often find the exact value in your notebook.
- Lessmann steel wire brush you will do nothing wrong with the wire brush! It is indispensable in any workshop.
- This will remove stubborn dirt and dust on your wheel bolts.
- And while you’re at it, you can also clean your brakes right away.
- The brake calipers are often rusty and expect to be treated with a wire brush.
Sisa Pastel In order to store your tires properly, you should mark them first.
- For example, with bold chalk, write VL (front left) or HR (rear right) on the tire, and then you know where the tire belongs to the next time you change the tire.
- And the next tire change will definitely come!
- Impact wrench for real screwdriver experts, an impact wrench is of course not lacking.
- But don’t worry, it’s not really necessary when changing tires.
- However, this helps you work easier and faster.
- If you want to screw into the car anyway, you should definitely consider buying a good impact wrench.
Safety when changing tires.
- Allow enough time for assembly – busy danger. Use a stable plug, protect trolley from rolling. When changing, look at the information in the blog where you will also find the torque needed to tighten the wheels. Most models are about 120 Nm.
- If you change from steel to aluminum wheels, you must pay attention to the length of wheel bolts.
- They are usually longer on aluminum wheels if the steel rim bolts are used here, the wheel bolts have only a few strands in the wheel cavity, which can be torn when driving.
- After the change, the test drive longer also leads the country road. If there is vibration in the steering wheel or when braking, you cannot avoid going to the workshop.
- It is usually due to a balanced weight reduction, but vibrations may also be for another reason. The wheels must be checked for the balancing machine.
- Important: after 50 km, check the tightness of wheel bolts with a torque wrench.